Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Now I am 5! (months)


Holy cow, another birthday?? It's a good thing I don't eat solids yet, or I would be demanding cake--these birthdays happen all the time!!

Life has been a whirlwind lately! It's much warmer outside now than when I was born, and I've learned I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be outside. Here are some other things I love to do:

Stand in the grass (with Mommy's help)--love how it feels on my toes!
Practice sitting. Just today Mommy noticed how good I'm getting at this! Today I was like a weeble-wobble--I was able to right myself every time I started tipping. I'm working my core!
Ride on Mommy in the Baby Bjorn. I just love seeing everything Mommy sees. And Mommy's happy because this makes her life a LOT easier.
Play the "monster" game with Mommy--she pretends to bite different parts of my body--this is so far the only thing that makes me laugh!
The swimming pool! Our neighbor has a pool and Mommy and Daddy took me for the first time last weekend! I only put my feet in, but...wow. Incredible!
"Talk." I'm learning to make lots of different sounds!
Practice rolling over...unfortunately my favorite place to do this is my crib. So when Mommy puts me down for a nap or bedtime, I practice and usually end up getting my arm caught underneath me, which makes me really really mad!

I will soon be taking my first big trip, to Wisconsin. I will meet a lot of relatives, go to another wedding (that's old hat for me--I've already been to one!), and ride a big boat called a ferry. Hmm, let's see what tricks I have up my sleeve to make the trip as interesting as possible for Mommy and Daddy...

No comments: