Saturday, November 27, 2010

Double digits!!!

SHAME ON MOMMY. She missed my 9 month birthday! Grr. Okay, well, coming here for my 10 month is better than nothing!

I am 10 months old and loving life! I am full of energy, spunk, and joy. I weigh about 15 pounds, still a peanut, but crawling like a champ and pulling myself up on every surface I can find. Mommy bought me some shoes that keep falling off. Mommy thinks that maybe this is a good thing, since it will delay the inevitable next step--WALKING!

Here is what I love right now:

Eating: I love tiny pieces I can pick up with my fingers. Rice, shredded cheese, peas. I am a carb fiend! Besides rice, I love pasta, saltines, Ritz crackers, and bread. I love my cup, too. I'm getting pretty good at drinking out of it! Even though I'm getting to be a big girl with my food, I still love to cuddle up to Mommy and eat like I used to when I was very little. Mommy is so sad that we will be doing this for only a couple more months.

DADDY!!! My face breaks into a grin whenever he comes into the room. We are best buddies.

Jumping! My Jumperoo is the best! Even better was the Jolly Jumper at Grandma P's house that hung in the doorway--not only did i get to jump, I got to spin! I even jump when someone is holding me!

Toys! My blocks are fun because I get to knock them over when someone stacks them. Anything small, that fits neatly into my hand, is a favorite--my little plastic sea creatures for the bathtub, the little Lego guy I swiped from Grandma P's house, my little stuffed Elmo I got from Daniel's birthday party. And of course, things that aren't really toys--measuring cups, spoons, Mommy's glasses! Especially Mommy's glasses, much to her dismay.

Playing with my friends at daycare! The big kids like to make me laugh and sometimes even give me kisses. Thomas and I cruise all around and get into mischief.

Splashing like crazy in my baby bathtub, and trying to eat the soap!

Throwing things while I eat. Mommy is trying desperately to discourage this. He he, you should see the floor and walls around my highchair!

Here is what I DON'T like these days:

The big bathtub. Even though I love my Elizabeth-sized tub, the big bathtub freaks me out. Mommy just dumped me in it a few weeks ago to see what I would do. Hello?? Of course I was terrified! i screamed and screamed as Mommy scrambled to get me clean. Tonight, Mommy put my little bathtub inside the big bathtub. It was marginally better. Hmph. I still cried, a little.

Getting teeth. I've been very behind on my teething, and I'm just now getting my first 3 teeth--all at the same time! No fair!!

Diaper and clothes changes. Especially when Mommy dares to put me on the changing table! Who am I kidding--that hasn't happened for weeks ;)

That goofy sleep sack Mommy wraps me in to sleep at night. At least she finally bought me one that fit--silly Mommy had me in the one the hospital gave me when I was born! Duh!!! But, don't tell Mommy, I think the sleep sack DOES help me sleep. I've been giving Mommy a break for the last several weeks--only waking up once a night, tops. Mommy is thrilled :)

Okay, Mommy, the holidays are here, and soon after, my birthday. Don't you dare get so behind in the blogging during this period!

1 comment:

katy said...

cute! what a big girl!