Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2 months old!

Hello from the 2-month-old, Elizabeth Audrey! I can't believe I'm so old already. It feels like I've been around forever!

Here are my favorite things to do these days:
Blow spit bubbles
Stick out my tongue--this just started this week!
Lie on the changing table attached to my Pack and Play in the family room. Mommy has no idea why I like this spot, because according to her it's boring--all I can see is the white ceiling. She'll never know, will she? I love to lie here and scootch up and down on my back, moving my arms and legs.
Talking! Mommy and I have some nice conversations.
Mirrors--on most days Mommy and I visit the "baby in the mirror" in the hallway, and sometimes Mommy puts a little mirror in front of my face. Who is that adorable creature I see?
Taking rides in the car and the stroller--they both put me out like a light!
My daddy! He is my absolute favorite cuddle spot! I don't cuddle with Mommy as much because I get impatient and smell her and want the goods.
Bath--well, I think so. I'm still debating this one.
Eating--just like when I was one month old, but I take much shorter feedings now!

Fortunately my list of things I don't like is a lot shorter. Here they are:
Going to bed! Until I was 6 weeks old all it took was some rocking and nursing in my bedroom and then Mommy could easily put me in my crib. Not so much anymore! At 6 weeks I decided to play a trick on Mommy and Daddy and become very, very difficult to put to sleep at night. I think Mommy is realizing I might need more naps during the day. Or maybe it's because I don't want to miss anything at night, because everyone is finally home. Daddy thinks it's funny because he hated to go to sleep as a kid, and still does. Mommy doesn't think it's so funny because she needs to get up with me in the middle of the night no matter what, and most nights she thinks she'd really like to go to bed by 9:30! Ha ha, that usually doesn't happen.

I get to see my Grandma Phillips and my cousins on Thursday! I can't wait! Then my Grandma and Grandpa Schneider are visiting next week. I'm so popular! Mommy tells me that people come up to me all the time and squeal all over me, but usually I'm asleep.

Oh, another thing I THINK I like is this big piece of material Mommy wraps around both of us at night. I get to see things from a different vantage point now, like Mommy doing the dishes. I'm still stirring a lot right now and Mommy is HOPING I will drop off any minute now...

2 comments:

Nancy Bennett said...

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for keeping us posted on your daily events. It sounds like you're keeping your Mommy very busy during the day and enjoying snuggle time with Daddy as soon as he gets home from work. I'll bet when you're looking at the ceiling from your changing table you're really imagining a picture of all the wonderful things you have to look forward to in life, like the beginnings of a beautiful painting on a blank white canvas. Sweet dreams, Elizabeth...I look forward to meeting you very soon so I can see the pretty baby-in-the-mirror in person! Love, Great Aunt Nancy

katy said...

I love you, Elizabeth!

-Aunt Katy