Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The big 7

I'm in the second half of my first year! Mommy and Daddy can't believe it!

At 7 months, here are my favorite things to do:
*Eat! I love trying new foods. My favorites are apples, pears, carrots, squash, and just plain oatmeal. Peas? Eh.
*Take a bath! Remember back when I was very little, I wasn't so sure about it? Now, I think it's just great. I'm still in my baby tub, which sits on the bathroom counter, and Mommy wonders how long that will last before I get too wiggly. I can see myself in the mirror from my seat in the tub. I think that's the greatest thing--I love to smile at my cute self! Splashing is a ton of fun, too! Mommy needs to break out the bubble bath next.
*Take walks in the Baby Bjorn--still. Mommy dreads the day I get too big!
*See other babies! My friend Aaron came over (we are born 2 days apart, although he's gigantic compared to me); our mommies sat us on the floor and we couldn't stop staring at each other. I got tired of him, though, when he got in my space and stole my toys!
*Blow raspberries! Especially when I eat something very colorful, like carrots. Mommy needs to wear a bib, too, when she feeds me. Or maybe a poncho.
*Talk, talk, talk. My favorite sounds are "mamamama" and "dadadada." Mommy and Daddy are trying to get me to say them to the right person!

Not so much:
*Sleeping longer than 3 hours at a time. He he he.
*Getting my diaper changed or dressed. How I HATE lying still for Mommy! I scream, arch my back, and try to propel myself off the changing table. Fun times.
*Getting in my carseat. At least once I'm in the car, I'm pretty okay.

Go 7!!!

1 comment:

WeeMasonMan's Mom said...

Aww, happy 7 month birthday little one!!!