Saturday, April 24, 2010

A quarter of a year old!



Hi everyone! Elizabeth here. I am 3 months old today, or as Mommy says with utter disbelief, a quarter of a year old!

The world has becoming SO interesting to me over the last days and weeks. Here are some of my favorite things:
Chomping on my hands. I can get almost my whole fist in my mouth, and sometimes both. This will make a great party trick someday.
Drooling and blowing spit bubbles. Mommy thinks the drool and the hands in my mouth mean teeth are on the way!
Patterns and shapes! I love to stare at: the books on the bookshelf, a spiral-ly snail hanging from my bouncy seat, boxes sitting in the closet, the pine trees in the backyard against the sky.
My favorite toy, in the picture. I can stare at that sun for minutes on end!
Talking to Mommy and Daddy. I think it's pretty hilarious when they imitate me.
Riding in the stroller.
Taking a bath--finally! I don't quite smile and laugh when I'm in the tub, but I'm quiet and content!
Watching people!!! Roz, the lady who takes care at me while Mommy is at work, says I'm nosy! I don't want to miss a thing! So I often am wide awake during the day instead of napping. Daddy says he was like that as a child, too. Mommy really hopes that's one of the only ways I'm like Daddy as a child, based on the stories she's heard!

Things I'm not crazy about:
Sleeping in my crib. I've done it several times but usually I sleep in my swing. Mommy and Daddy are working on this!
Tummy time. I hate it! Mommy and Daddy think it's because I can no longer see the world.

Today I got my 3 month pictures taken, and I only made it through 2 poses before I decided I'd had enough of that!

I've had quite an eventful life so far! I've already been to my first wedding reception. I was an angel, they say! I've made some baby friends already. Mommy and Daddy are lucky that some of their friends had babies within weeks of me. I've even met twins!

Let's see what tricks I have up my sleeve for the next month! Mommy is just praying I keep sleeping 8 hours a night without waking up--tonight is the seventh night running!

1 comment:

katy said...

She sure likes eating her fists!