Thursday, April 8, 2010

Writing contest!

My first ten weeks with my daughter have slowed me down and helped me think more deliberately and intentionally about my life and how I spend my time. Starting this blog is not the only way I have decided to get back on the writing wagon. A new subscriber to Writer's Disgest, I discovered their "Dear Lucky Agent" contest, a recurring online writing contest with a different theme each installment.

The latest contest calls for adolescent fiction. My intended audience as a writer is this population. I work with elementary and middle schoolers, and my goal is to reach the hopes, dreams, and struggles unique to their age group with my stories.

Check out their link: http://networkedblogs.com/1Th5v.

Elizabeth sleeps...it's exciting to focus my mind on something other than diapers, feeding, and "Who's a pretty baby??" for a while!

No comments: